Friday, August 24, 2012

Learning to bottle feed!

Hello my dear friends and family!

Today was a very big day for my little son Lewis! He tried taking his very first bottle! He is 31 weeks, 4 days gestational age, 18 days old, still supposed to be tucked away safely inside me, and here he is trying to eat out of a bottle! His Mommy is SO proud of him :)
I kangarood with him earlier today, and he is just so ready to get life started! He must have pulled out his nasal cannula every minute or so, and the little guy hates being covered with blankets. He wants to be a big boy and be with his Daddy so much :) I know the Lord has so many wonderful things in store for our Lewis, he is my little miracle baby, my kitten and little bean burrito.  I am just so happy to be the mother of this little guy, I just want to squeeze and kiss him!  For now I'll just have to be happy with holding him once a day, and watching as he grows big and strong!

Here he is with Nurse Mandi! She is so good to him :)  He's all wrapped up in Danny's fav. blanket with the little foxes on it :) I love being able to use my own blankets with him! It helps me feel connected with him, and like I'm helping to take care of him

                                              Aww, he's not quite sure if he likes it or not :)

It just melts my heart when he looks at me like that, he's so sweet, so tiny!


 That was a lot of hard work for such a little guy, it plain tuckered him out :)
He only drank 5 ccs, but it was a good first run!  I can't wait to see how he does tomorrow!

Praising the Lord,
Bethany




2 comments:

  1. He is so precious. Wish I could hold him. Love yaAunt Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!!!! I love the third picture from the bottom. He looks so earnest and sweet! Y'all are doing so great girlie:) Hang in there and know we are all praying for him to grow like crazy, and to get out of there sooner than they expect. Being a mommy is so so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete